Teddy is Back


I was watching television today and saw that some sort of Teddy Ruxpin lookalike is now on the market from Playskool. Remember Teddy? That lovable little bear that you'd pop a cassette tape into and he'd tell you a story, moving his eyes and mouth? My sister had one when we were little and she loved him. Well, like any mechanical toy, one day he started to malfunction. I can't remember if he wasn't working properly, or if he quit working altogether. Anyhow, my dad (who can fix just about anything) took it upon himself to fix Teddy. Long story short, to get to the actual mechanics of the bear, he had to remove all his fur. That's when we saw another side to Mr. Teddy Ruxpin. He wasn't cute or cuddly at all! He was downright creepy! That talking bear was nothing more than a hunk of metal and wires with two eyeballs and a mouth. He appeared like a mix between the Terminator and Chuckie (actually, Jenny's My Buddy looked a lot more like Chuckie, but that's a story for another day). Dad never did get Teddy back in working condition, but that's wasn't such bad news. After seeing this new and not-so-cute side to the talking bear, we weren't so keen on having him operable anyhow.

1 comments:

jessica said...

It has been so long since you've blogged Teddy is now out again. Come on blog already! I know I've been slacking too but my goodness March 17th!