Everyone Needs an Alice. Amen.

If you loathe shopping at Walmart. If you only go there because it's convenient, not because you stood in line for 30 minutes when you were 7 months pregnant among 30 other vacant checkout stands. Or because you've wandered countless aisles looking for a hard-to-find ingredient because the nearby associate responded with a shrug and an "I dunno" when you asked where it might be. Or because they're unfortunately cheaper than Target. Or because you have to sack your own groceries. Or because they think it's perfectly reasonable to expect you to pay them to check out and sack your own groceries after putting in your own 10 hour work day.

Check out Alice.com. I just discovered it yesterday, the same day it debuted. (I feel so cutting edge for once in my life.) I have not checked out, but I have signed up and started compiling my household items, items whose prices are comparable to Walmart prices. Items that they will ship to your house for free. Say no more. You had me at "farewell to pushing the cart with the wayward wheel up and down 50 aisles while trying to entertain a one-year-old for 90 minutes."

This could be the best invention since the Internet. I'll let you know how it goes, but considering that every time I shop at Walmart they somehow achieve a new low, it must be better. It must be.

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Hmmm. I saw that title and thought, "But I don't want to share her!"

; )

Julie said...

Funny! I thought of your Alice too when I saw the web site.