Four racoons, three deer and a fox







Every year around Dec. 15 I face the same predicament - What in the world am I gonna get Chris for Christmas? I have a long rap sheet of failed gifts...the James Avery ring that said "I am my love's and she is mine," (he actually RETURNED it!) or the clothes that are always a size too big or too small. But this year, I finally got it right!

I bought a game camera, which for those of you non-hunting types means a camera that you post outside to take pictures of wild game or in some cases a Jack Russell Terrier named Molly. The camera (or the corn on the ground in front of it) has been a huge success among the furry little critters in our little corner of Guthrie, including several button bucks (i.e. male deer with tiny antlers poking out), a whole family of raccoons and even a red fox (which, much to Chris's chagrin, opted to use the corn Chris provided as a toilet rather than his midnight snack!).

So, the highlight of Chris's evenings now is to see what appeared before the camera the night before, and I finally got it right this Christmas. The only problem is his birthday is March 1st - just around the corner! Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Chris said...

Wow that cow did some damage.