Live from Orlando

So, today begins my three day stint in Orlando. The hotel that our meeting is in this week is the Doubletree Orlando right outside of Universal Studios. There's nothing like going on a business trip to Orlando that gives you the feeling that every single person is on vacation except you. I've always been the one to save money and spend it on home improvements or something like that rather than a vacation, but a vacation is looking more and more attractive. I can't wait until Hudson is bigger so we can go to places like Sea World. I'm hoping next summer we can at least go somewhere, though I won't be taking him on a plane.

Because there are so many "family friendly" spots in Orlando, the kids on our 2 1/2 hour flight out numbered the adults two to one. But, don't worry, there was only one unruly child on the plane who was hitting her mom, thowing her toys on the floor, and repeatedly shouting "No." And this was before the plane took off. And yes, that child was sitting next to me. Oh, don't worry. Her mom threatened to spank her about two dozen times, but empty threats they were. I was getting pretty close to giving that kid an evil look and a menacing growl when her mom wasn't looking, but lucky for both of us the child finally fell asleep. Southwest was recently in the news for kicking a mom and her four kids off an airplane for being too disruptive. Honestly, though, I cannot blame the airline.

Of course, I know I'll never have to worry about that because my Hudson is such an angel. He would never ever act up in public or swing on the clothing rack in Wal-Mart, tip it over and require stitches like his father did.

3 comments:

jessica said...

That's why we choose to take road trip vacations. Although it may take much longer we don't have to worry about who our kids are annoying except for us.

Summer said...

Ha! Of course our boys will never misbehave!

jessica said...

Hello! An update please! Hudson is surely doing something sweet and cute these days:)