Missing My Baby in Nashville

Yes, that is the most creative title I could muster. A friend from work had a really cute title for one of her blog posts based on a song title. So, I thought, Oh that's a great idea...I'm sure I can find a great song title about missing my baby. So, I googled song titles and clicked on a few websites. Turns out there aren't too many song titles about missing your baby, and since neither "Billy's Got His Beer Goggles On" and "She Let Herself Go" applies, the title above is all my not-so-creative and very-much-so tired brain could conjur up. To clarify, my baby is not in Nashville. I am. We're 698.28 miles apart.

But tired I should not be. I've gotten more sleep in the past 24 hours than I normally get in about three days. And the irony is I'm on what used to be one of the most exhausting business trips of the year - SALES Summit. SALES Summit is comprised two whirlwind weeks of sales meetings that Express HQ hosts for its franchisees. Many of us who put on these meetings typically travel Wednesday - Sunday two weeks in a row. However, after little Hudson has entered my world, I will return home caught up on some much needed sleep. Yesterday (which is typically a day dedicated for traveling and ensuring our shipment had arrived) I took about a five-hour nap, and then I slept from about 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. without moving. I'm pretty sure I could have slept 24 hours straight.

However, I've gotten pretty used to being tired, and it's quite worth it. It turns out that after a few months of motherhood, the lack of sleep and farewell to Sunday afternoon naps isn't so bad afterall. I'm much rather be rocking my little guy to sleep than sitting on a towel in an office chair in my hotel room (I never touch any furniture besides the bed in any hotel room, if possible.). I'd much rather wake up to him "talking" in bed at 4 a.m. than the shrill ringing of a wake up call at 7:00. And a PB&J because there's no time for cooking sounds just as tasty as the tilapia I had for dinner tonight. Travel does seem glamorous, and I'm so thankful for my job that although requires a bit of travel, is normally part-time. But I'm still missin' my boys back home, and I can't wait to get back.

1 comments:

Summer said...

Oh I bet you're just dying to hug and kiss that sweet baby!
I know what you mean about prefering the home life with our little guys with all its spit-up and poopy diapers to more 'glamourous' adventures.