Well Said

Today was a nice day to be home. I got to watch all the inauguration activities as they happened - all except for the actual swearing in of Barack Obama. I saw that his turn was up, so I hurried up and ran a trash bag out to the garage. When I came back in the crowd was applauding. I guess I didn't realize how fast the actual swearing in is. It's amazing that the campaign lasts two years, while it only takes about 30 seconds to actually be sworn in as President.

I wasn't crazy about either candidate, but I went with McCain because I don't agree with many of Obama's moral stances. That being said, Obama is president and I along with the rest of the nation have high hopes for his presidency and will be praying for him and his family. I really was shocked in watching the coverage to see how deeply so many were affected by his becoming president.
I don't have anything poetic to say about this historic day (not that I do about usual days), but I really loved what Terry Rush had to say about today from a Christian perspective. If you haven't read it, take a look.

0 comments: