Update

I feel compelled to make an update b/c I just posted on my cousin's sister-in-law's blog (who is also going to go NO TV for a month) and said we hadn't missed watching television (and I quote) "ONE BIT."
And then I just read my blog post below that says, "So far I miss it most when..." Oops. I guess I did miss it at first.
But we've now completed day five with no TV and it has been great. It's a very liberating feeling to feel as if I can have a fulfilling and entertaining day without the television. Sometimes I play some music on my laptop, but a lot of the time there is no "artificial noise" blaring in our home. And it's nice. However, I know five days is nothing to brag about. And I'll bet it's a lot easier to avoid TV when it's nice out than in the dead of winter. That thought just occurred to me today. Or when you have a newborn and you're feeding them at 3 a.m. Just thought of that too. (Though that WILL NOT be happening anytime again in the near future!).
In other news, poor Hudson is a sick baby. We had a play date scheduled today with several other girls and their babies from church this morning, but Hudson was acting very fussy as I rushed around. He felt warm, so I took his temperature and it was nearly 101 degrees! He's never had a temp., not even when he had ear infections, so it was a little alarming. We had to cancel the play date and schedule a doctor's appointment this afternoon.
Turns out he just has a virus, which is good because he doesn't have an ear infection but bad because he could be contagious. So, Chris and I are both working half days tomorrow to keep the little guy at home. He definitely isn't himself. He never lays his head on my chest, and today he let me rock him to sleep twice! That's definitely a small bright side to his little sick side. Hopefully he'll feel better soon.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Poor Hudson:( It sounds like from the way he's acting that he's going to be easy when he's sick. That's how Jack and Joel are when they're sick. Jennah on the other hand is a crazy, loud, everybody better know I'm sick kind of girl!

Summer said...

When Colton got sick this winter it was rough because he was extra fussy but also sweet because he was so cuddly. I guess there's always a bright side.