My Crazy Dream

It's not only my crazy dream, but it's also the one I have the most. It's the same dream; it just changes based on what's going on in my life - the dream that I've forgotten something important. When I was a kid, I dreamed that it was time to go to church camp and I hadn't even started packing. When I was a waitress, I would forget about my tables. When I was getting married, it was my wedding day and nothing was done. You get the picture.

So, now that I'm preparing to go to Salt Lake City tomorrow, I'm packing anything and everything I think I might possibly need to make it a week away from home. Forget the fact that I'm sure there's a WalMart just down the street. I'll end up taking two large suitcases, one carry-on suitcase and my big tote bag with me, while most other co-workers manage to fit everything in one big suitcase and a carry-on.

My fear did actually partially come true this past summer when Chris and I went to Alaska. In our haste to round up our 7 or so suitcases and bags, we left one behind at the airport. Which one, you ask? The one that contained just about every article of warm clothing I had packed. And with a few gift shop purchases and the couple of warm items I had in another bag, I managed just fine. But that hasn't cured my obsession with over-packing.

0 comments: