TGIF

I'm always glad to see Friday roll around, but I was even happier when the clock struck 5 p.m. today. It was quite a week for Chris and me! My Monday started out with a sick dog; Molly (see last week's post for more about her) woke me up coughing and wheezing. I ended up taking her to the vet and she had bronchitis! What kind of a dog gets bronchitis? A shot, two prescriptions (an antibiotic and a cough suppressant) and $110 later and she's almost back to her old self. And for the third year in a row, we've spend more on Molly's medical bills than we have our own. But, we still love her. Go figure.

On Tuesday I went to visit a new doctor (no big deal) and had to take some forms with me. One of them that I had to complete had mine and Chris's name, our address, social security numbers, etc. on it. When I made it into the doctor's office, I couldn't find the forms. Must've left 'em in my car. Went to my car. No forms. Must've lost 'em. Now, some pain medicine addict leaving the Mercy emergency room (adjacent to the doctor's office) has all my personal information. Thankfully, a few hours later I discovered they had simply fallen under my driver's seat. That was a relief.

Chris has had quite the week as well. He's currently working for a company installing a sprinkler system in a cave in Missouri where it's about -20 degrees Fahrenheit. That might be a little exaggeration, but not much. They have to wear special suits and socks just to stay warm.

Weeks like this can cause one to focus on negative, but despite all the craziness this week had to offer, there were some bright spots too. The bad weather caused UCO to cancel class Wednesday night, so I got to go straight home from work rather than go to my two-hour class. Although Chris's job is very cold and distant right now, he has a job, and that's something for which we're very thankful. And besides little Molly, the rest of our family and extended family are in fairly good health. I guess you just have to keep it all in perspective, and thank God for Fridays.

2 comments:

L. Maria Thomas said...

We have a LITTLE mini-dachshund. He was the runt and he's still little, but he's just so cute that no medical bill is too much, I guess. Yes, we too spend more on him in medical bills than we do on ourselves!Chris' job sounds exciting, even though it's freezing in that cave.

Julie said...

Yes, Chris does enjoy a change of scenery, though I'm not enjoying him being gone :) It feels like we're dating again in that we spend the whole weekend together and then he has to pack up and leave on Sunday. I guess the upside is that it's much easier to keep a clean house when you're only picking up after one person.